Posts for tag: ADHD Treatment
How your pediatricians in Moline, IL, can help when your child has ADHD
If your child has difficulty in school, problems paying attention, and doesn’t complete tasks, these issues could all be signs of ADHD. It can be difficult to separate signs of ADHD from normal testing of boundaries. Fortunately, your pediatrician knows the difference.
Dr. Nafees Khan and Dr. David Bunker at Franklin Pediatrics in Moline, IL, provide a wide range of pediatric services, including treatment of ADHD. They proudly serve residents of Moline, IL, and the Quad Cities.
ADHD is a common behavioral disorder among children. It’s also a condition that can cause serious issues when your child attends school.
So, how can you tell if your child might have ADHD? According to the Child Development Institute, these are some of the common signs of ADHD to look for:
- Difficulty remaining still for long periods
- Frequently squirming or fidgeting
- Problems getting or staying organized
- Frequently misplacing or forgetting things
- Issues with being attentive or listening
- Excessively talking or making comments
- Frequently running or climbing on things
Initially, your pediatrician will perform some simple tests and an evaluation to determine if your child has ADHD. Treatment will follow. Some of the treatment protocols for ADHD include:
Taking medications that will improve brain function and focusing ability. Common medications for ADHD are Adderall or Ritalin.
Behavioral techniques will enhance impulse control and limit inappropriate behaviors.
Lifestyle modifications may include dietary changes and increasing exercise and activity levels.
Undiagnosed and untreated ADHD can progress into the teen years and adulthood, causing issues like these:
- Learning problems that will cause poor grades
- Aggressive and defiant behaviors toward others
- Harmful behaviors including drug and alcohol use
- Problems establishing close relationships with others
- Issues making and keeping friendships with peers
To find out more about the diagnosis and treatment of ADHD, call Dr. Nafees Khan and Dr. David Bunker at Franklin Pediatrics in Moline, IL, proudly serving residents of Moline, and the Quad Cities. You can reach them in the office by calling (309) 762-0777. Call today.