Only a doctor who is an expert at children’s mental health can tell you for certain if your child is suffering from ADHD. However, if you are concerned that your child may be demonstrating symptoms of this disorder, you may want to consider an ADHD screening. Dr. Nafees Khan and Dr. David G. Bunker are pediatricians at Franklin Pediatrics in Moline, SC. They can provide your child with an ADHD screening test.
What is ADHD?
ADHD is a childhood neurodevelopmental disorder that can last into adulthood. Around 8.4 percent of children suffer from this condition. Children with ADHD have difficulty staying focused on activities and tend to be hyperactive. ADHD is typically treated with a combination of medication and therapies such as cognitive behavioral therapy, anger management, and family therapy.
Possible Signs and Symptoms of ADHD
Moline parents whose children display the following signs and symptoms should consider giving them an ADHD screening test:
- Your child disrupts classroom activities because she cannot work quietly.
- Your child quickly responds to questions before you have finished asking them.
- When following instructions or performing activities, your child makes careless mistakes.
- Your child struggles to wait for her turn and often buts in ahead of other children.
- Your child forgets to do things even when you frequently remind her.
- Your child frequently interrupts people when they are talking or doing something.
- Your child has difficulty concentrating on activities that require focus.
- Your child has difficulty sitting still.
- You have difficulty getting or maintain your child’s attention.
- Your child is always disorganized.
If you are a Moline resident and you would like to find out more about an ADHD screening test for your child, contact Dr. Khan or Dr. Bunker at (309) 762-0777 to schedule an appointment.